Purchasing a Mac is a significant financial commitment. Whether for professional or personal reasons, you should think twice. It is a true working tool for some, and many commands are available, just like on a traditional PC. You can, for example, take a screenshot, use AirPlay, or even play PS4 from your Mac.
Considering the price, it is therefore important to maintain your Mac and use it safely. You can for example use a VPN for this. This will allow you to browse the Internet without risk. But beyond maintaining your software, you also need to maintain the computer itself. This notably involves cleaning the screen.
How to properly clean your Mac?
As with any computer, you might think that cleaning a screen is not complicated. It is clear that this is not the most difficult task in the world, but there are some mistakes that you should avoid. On its website, Apple explains how to clean your Mac screen safely.
- Start by unplugging all the cables from your Mac and especially the power supply.
- Use the cloth provided in the kit of your device. If you no longer have it, use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth. Here, the goal is to remove all the dust present on the screen.
- If your screen is really dirty, you can lightly dampen the cloth with water or screen cleaner. Avoid the openings of the device when wiping with the damp cloth.
Mistakes to avoid to clean your Mac screen
If you need liquid to clean the screen, never spray directly on the screen. Dampen your cloth and then wipe dry to prevent liquid from entering the screen.
Beware of certain products that could damage your device! Here is a list of products to absolutely avoid when cleaning your screen:
- Glass cleaner
- Cleaner containing acetone
- Household cleaner
- Cleaner containing hydrogen peroxide
- Abrasive products
Kindly leave a comment if you have any questions.