The university of Sydney is awarding scholarship to international students whose academic excellence is widely recognized.
The International Scholarship is funded by the University of Sydney. They provide an annual scholarship to high quality international postgraduate students who wish to study a master’s by research or PhD.
Why choose The University of Sydney?
The University of Sydney has been named as one of the world’s leading institutions making a positive impact on society, placing second in the world and first in Australia in the 2020 Times Higher Education Impact rankings.
The rankings, now in their second year, measure how an institution’s research, outreach and stewardship is delivering against the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) – a blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all.
For five years running, the University of Sydney has been named as Australia’s leading university for graduate employability.
The University also moved up one place globally to rank fourth in the world behind MIT, Stanford University and University of California Los Angeles in the 2020 rankings released.
The University of Sydney offers real-world projects for students with more than 45 leading organisations in both Australia and internationally across industry, community and government sectors.
Undergraduate students are given the opportunity to work on projects with industry partners such as Accenture, Adobe, Ernst and Young, Herbert Smith Freehills, MS Research, Westpac and many more.
We are also one of only 26 universities globally, including the only in Australia, to participate in the Airbus Global University Partner Program, which gives students the opportunity to travel abroad to work onsite with engineers on projects at Airbus’ facilities in the United Kingdom.
Benefits attached to the scholarship
The scholarship is valued at $35,629 per annum. The scholarship assists with OSHC, tuition fees and living costs.
To be eligible for the 2022 university of Sydney international scholarship Awards, the following criteria Stated below must be met.
The applicants must ;
- Be an international student commencing full time enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at the University of Sydney . Students may also be considered up until they have consumed a maximum of six months of course candidature.
- Be a student undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as within the areas of its current and emerging research strengths.
- Not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree, or, if undertaking a Research Master’s degree, not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Master’s degree.
- Not have held an Australia Award scholarship within two years prior to commencing the RTP Fee Scholarship.
- Not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution.
- Not previously have received an RTP Fee Scholarship, unless the previous scholarship was for a Master by Research degree that you have completed and you are now applying for a doctorate research degree.
- Not have previously considered for the scholarship up to 3 times within the last 5 years.
How to apply for university of Sydney scholarship
- Application for the University of Sydney Fully Funded Scholarships is done online. Candidates interested in the scholarship should first think of applying for admission into the university.
- There won’t be any separate form for the scholarship application, to be considered for the scholarship you must submit an application for admission to your research degree.
- Scholarship applications are welcome through out the year but only available for both the March (Research Period 2) and July (Research Period 3).
- You may need to read the selection process and Research Experience guide Also visit the official website through the link provided to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.